- DevOps means development is moving faster than ever. How is it possible to ensure everything is secure, especially when migrating to the cloud.
- Cloud migrations can be very expensive if they are not done correctly. Applications perform differently in the cloud versus on-premise, especially if it’s a complex application where matured testing strategy makes the difference.
- DevOps methodology incorporation at each stage of the migration process will surely add multi-facet value. Each stage of cloud migration is detailed here for adopting DevOps strategy for applications, infrastructure, and tools as per the organization’s needs.
- Several aspects are to be considered for an application migration to the cloud, as follows.
Understanding the impact of cloud native architectures and new security challenges
- The first step is to understand how the cloud will impact your DevOps and security landscapes.
- There are two massively-influential, interdependent trends in how cloud architecture can transform your business: technological catalysts based on new architecture; and how business process challenges will reverberate in the infrastructure.
Technological challenges in the cloud
- The cloud is something of a technological game-changer.
- There are trade-offs as traditional security concerns give way to new security concepts born in the cloud.
- On the good side, the scale of the cloud and the expertise of their operations teams
address many of the issues that would have previously had to be shouldered by the CTO/CSO and their internal team.
- The physical parts of building out, upkeeping, and securing computing resources is no longer the touchstone of development success. For example, once you migrate to the cloud, you don’t have to worry about whether the backup is on-premises or off-premises.