What Is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions.
- The term may also be applied to any machine that exhibits traits associated with a human mind such as learning and problem-solving.
- The ideal characteristic of artificial intelligence is its ability to rationalize and take actions that have the best chance of achieving a specific goal.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
The applications for artificial intelligence are endless. The technology can be applied to many different sectors and industries.
AI is being tested and used in the healthcare industry for dosing drugs and different treatment in patients, and for surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Artificial intelligence also has applications in the financial industry, where it is used to detect and flag activity in banking and finance such as unusual debit card usage and large account deposits—all of which help a bank’s fraud department.
Why is artificial intelligence important?
- AI automates repetitive learning and discovery through data.
- AI adapts through progressive learning algorithms.
- AI adds intelligence to existing products
- AI analyzes more and deeper data.
- AI gets the most out of data.
- AI achieves incredible accuracy.